The 2020 holiday season will be like no other. Thankfully, even a global pandemic won’t stop the tradition of giving great gifts to friends!
Because of social distancing and other COVID-related impacts, your holiday gift giving may require more creativity in 2020, so it’s essential to be prepared earlier than normal. Even getting your holiday gifts delivered will pose new challenges, as the surge in online shopping will put more strain on shipping carriers.
Potomac Concierge offers creative gift solutions for individuals and corporations. We even provide gift wrapping services in Washington, DC and Northern Virginia.
23 Creative Gift Ideas for the 2020 Holidays and the COVID Era
- GIFT CARDS – Giving goods and services from local businesses is a win-win. By purchasing gift cards, you’ll give great presents and support local businesses.
- HOLIDAY BASKETS – For your loved ones in the area, have creative, beautiful gift baskets delivered. Contents are limitless (e.g., pastries from a favorite bakery, specialty coffee or sorted teas, spa products, pet care, etc.). Care packages to family members further away are great, too (e.g., 1000-piece puzzle, wine subscription, face masks). Personal Assistants at Potomac Concierge can handle the purchasing, assembly, and delivery.
- HOUSE CALLS – Have a photographer come to your home for this year’s holiday card picture. Arrange for a hair stylist and/or manicurist to pamper your wife in the privacy of your own backyard or garage. Personal trainers also do house visits.
- CREATE MEMORIES – Commission a family portrait painting by a local artist in the safety of your yard.
- WINE TASTING – Local wineries offer safe fun for family members. For example, the Rocklands Farm Winery in Poolesville offers mostly outdoor seating and limits groups to no more than 6 people. There is lots of room for the kids to run and play.
- BOOKS – There’s no better way to quarantine than with a stack of good books. This is a perfect time to support indie bookstores, many of which offer curbside pickup and local deliveries.
- OUTDOOR LESSONS – Consider giving tennis or golf lessons to your loved ones of any age. Find an instructor to give your preschooler and friends ballet classes on your driveway.
- DAY OF SKIING – Give your grandchildren a day of fun at Ski Liberty or White Tail. Face coverings are required to access the mountains, including lift lines, loading/unloading, and riding on chairlifts.
- EVERY-MONTH CLUBS – Think beyond magazine subscriptions. What about flowers of the month and vegetable box deliveries from a local farmers’ market? Monthly craft kits or meal delivery services are great too.
- LOCAL PRODUCE – Find a local business offering goods safely. For example, the Locals Farm Market in Poolesville has an online farm market.
- GIFT OF TIME – A Potomac Concierge gift certificate can help a loved one take care of the endless “to dos” and rid the house of clutter and create an organized, peaceful home.
- HOME MAINTENANCE/IMPROVEMENT – Consider giving handyman services from a vendor in the DMV or gift cards to your local hardware store. Have a landscape architect draft plans for a new deck and give them to your spouse.
- CAR-RELATED GIFTS – Car owners might like detailing services (at the home), gas gift cards, or a AAA membership.
- CALENDAR – Give a weekly appointment calendar with all important dates marked – the children’s and grandchildren’s birthdays, anniversaries, graduation days, etc.
- ONLINE CLASSES – Give your mom a class on flower arranging. What about a cooking class for your brother?
- A DAY OFF – Give your husband or wife a round of golf or time at the driving range. Or take a drive in the country.
- PHOTO ALBUM – For the person with a box full of loose photos, have them organized into an album or digitize the pictures for the whole family to enjoy. Potomac Concierge can do the work by either getting the photos off the cloud into an album or by scanning the photographs taking up space in your basement.
- CAMPING GEAR – For the nature enthusiast on your list, what about a new sleeping bag or Coleman stove?
- COLLEGE FUND – New parents or young teens appreciate money toward a college fund.
- DONATIONS – Celebrate a good cause by making a donation under someone’s name. Sponsor a child with monthly donations. Donate to your loved one’s church, synagogue, or mosque. Support a local animal shelter.
- EXERCISE GEAR/EQUIPMENT – With local gyms shuttered, help your loved ones keep fit at home.
- IOU GIFTS – Promise a dinner out at a local restaurant when it’s safe.
- HOME OFFICE IMPROVEMENTS – Widespread teleworking is new since last holiday season. What about noise-canceling Bluetooth headphones for the working dad in a full house? Perhaps your mom could use a desk caddy for supplies, or some framed photos for her desk.
Shop Local During the 2020 Holidays!
Even in these uncertain times, you can enjoy a wonderful holiday season. Call Potomac Concierge for help. Our experienced Personal Assistants will come up with ideas, do the shopping and errands, decorate your home, deliver gift baskets, wrap presents, and more.
With a house full of people, you can rely on us to ensure those gifts are a surprise to the kids. Yes, we
will hold your gifts!