You probably know that exercise releases endorphins and makes us happier. Did you know your brain also loves an organized house? Living in a mess stresses us out, interfering with the production of our de-stressing hormone (cortisol). Get motivated for decluttering by remembering how an organized home will bring you more joy:
8 Ways an Organized Home Boosts Your Happiness
Below are eight examples of how an organized home can lessens the tension, boost your happiness, and make your life a little better.
- Peace of mind: Close your eyes and just imagine walking into your home after a tough day at work. There is order and everything has a place. Doesn’t that seem relaxing?
- Extra time: Organization leads to more time – no searching high and low for things, no wasted shopping trips buying items you already have.
- Better eating: Purge your home of clutter and rely on your body’s cortisol for de-stressing and not coping mechanisms like comfort foods or take-out.
- Exercise: The greatest barrier to healthy living is lack of time. If you’re organized, you’ll be more productive and efficient. Perhaps there is time for that yoga class!
- Fewer family conflicts: A messy home can create tension. An orderly house means fewer areas of conflict between you and your partner.
- Helping others: Your trash may be someone else’s treasure. Decluttering is a win-win situation.
- More socializing: Who wants to invite people over to a messy home? By de-cluttering, you get rid of things you no longer need as well as the shame and embarrassment from having a disorganized house.
- Set An Example: Your kids are taking it all in. Set a good example; get rid of the clutter and the stress that goes with it. Be happy.
Professional Organizers in Bethesda
Our Professional Organizers at Potomac Concierge are just a phone call away. If you lack the time to sift through your closets, or if you find the keep/donate/trash decisions emotionally taxing, contact us. We love to help!