Downsizing assistance for peace of mind.
Downsizing is stressful, but when you add in sorting through a life’s worth of possessions and memories, the stress can build up – quickly.
The Potomac Concierge team is here to reduce your stress, alleviate your worry, and make downsizing your home or life pleasant and enjoyable, whether you’re retiring to a more streamlined home, moving closer to family, or just taking a new path on your journey.
When You Need Help Downsizing Your Home or Your Life, Potomac Concierge Is There
Downsizing your home after building a lifetime of memories there can be extremely difficult. Attempting to balance decluttering, move preparations, packing, and arrangements with your own busy schedule adds unneeded anxiety and tension to your life. It takes time and impeccable detail orientation to stay on top of it all.
Potomac Concierge’s accomplished team of professional organizers and move managers are here to reduce your downsizing stress, alleviate your worry, and make the experience pleasant and enjoyable. We will handle the entire downsizing process, from start to finish. Whether you’re retiring to a more streamlined home, moving closer to family, or just taking a new path on your journey, you can rest assured that everything you need will be taken care of.
Our experienced move managers will manage the countless details and organize all arrangements—from decluttering, to finding a reliable, professional moving company, to sorting through and packing your possessions, to helping decorate and organize your new home. Additionally, we will keep you consistently updated throughout the entire downsizing process so there are no surprises.
After the move, we can continue to add ease to your life with daily and occasional tasks, including grocery shopping, home maintenance, prescription pick-up, errand running, and management of your bills.
Our compassionate, meticulous move managers are unmatched in skill and downsizing help experience. Start a conversation with us today for white-glove, custom downsizing assistance in the Washington, DC metro area.
Once you’re settled, we can assist you with daily and occasional tasks, including grocery shopping, home maintenance, prescription pick-up, errand running, and management of your bills.
We will work with you and your family members – near or far – to be sure all your needs are met just as YOU wish them to be.
Downsizing Your Home: Preparation
Preparation can be one of the most stressful parts of downsizing your home or your life. We leave no rock unturned, no detail left unchecked. We can provide:
- Planning, coordination, and organization of the entire downsizing and moving process, including a move timeline and vendor management
- Downsizing guidance—arranging, sorting, and labeling possessions by category (keep, donate, discard, sell, or pass along to family and friends)
- Management of documents—organizing files and shred paperwork as needed
- Preparation of a complete household inventory
- Coordination and supervision of professional packing services
- Labeling of every box and piece of furniture with room location
- Design a new floor plan for your new home
- Coordinate shipping, estate sales, appraisers and storage facilities
- Prepare your new home for move-in (cleaning, utility and cable set-up) and secure design services (painting, window treatments, carpeting, alarm system, etc.)
- Discontinue services at old home (lawn services, mail, newspaper delivery, etc.); when appropriate, transfer services to new home
- Arrange trash disposal
Frank and Clarice will be amazed when they see the apartment and amazed that it looks this good within 24 hours of moving! All because of wonderful you. – MC
Downsizing Your Home: Post-Moving Help
Completion of the move doesn’t finish your downsize. Our comprehensive services also include post-moving help to establish order in your new home. Examples of past post-move help include:
- Directing furniture and box placement as the moving truck is unloaded according to floor plan
- Unpacking, organizing, and setting up kitchens, baths, bedrooms, and living spaces just the way you like them
- Reconnecting electronics
- Removing all packing materials
- Hanging pictures and shelves, mounting TV, and re-assembling items
- Scheduling a handyman or home services as needed
- Purchasing new items for your home
- Preparing your old home for new residents (cleaning, repairs, and staging)
A 10-minute phone call could change your life.
Start downsizing your life or your home the right way
For guidance, help, or complete management of your downsize, please start a conversation with us today.